Monday, July 27, 2009

Craig's List and a dumpster find

I have to start this one off with this Craig's List listing:



I've seen it listed a couple of times before and never got a screenshot of it until today. I don't know about you but I am thinking that it belongs in a junior high school health class.

Yes, I am that juvenile but I think we all are but few admit it.

I found this plant stand by the dumpster on Saturday:





When people move around here, you find a lot of completely usable and/or fixable items and this was the first item I actually snagged. It stands up well and placed by my front door while I finished walking the dog.

When I got back, I realized that part of the left 1x1 leg had been broken but I didn't let that make me feel like I should take it back to the dumpster area. I leaned it up against the patio wall and it will serve well for a cup of coffee or cold tea and if it weren't so late in the season, I would put some outdoor plants on it. I plan on fixing the leg and painting it but we'll see if that actually happens. It was free and serves a needed purpose.

Other than that I haven't been up to much. It was a rainy day yesterday afternoon which was perfect to just curl up on the couch with a cup of coffee, my cat and watch some PBS.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, yes, that mirror is definitely what some people like to call 'a talking point'!

    The plant stand will be gorgeous if you can find some time to paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Struggler! Hey, thanks again for your write up on blogs. You said so much with much kinder words than what I could come up with!

    I need to fix the one leg on that plant stand and I thought I would paint it a bright color too. I need to get to Home Depot for a couple of other things so maybe I can get them to cut a couple of 1 by 1s for me. I wanted to put some tiles on the slats to match but the slats are 9" x 10". Unless I did a mosaic, it wont work.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete