Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Clearly a day to stick to myself

It's one of "those" days. A day where you wish you could take your frustrations out like my cat did last month:


While I was not amused about his nocturnal shredding of a brand new roll of toilet paper, I look back on that and wish I had such an easy outlet. It's the little things today that are bugging me so rather than blather about that I had a few other things in my brain I figure I could post about...see I am not only a serial internet surfer I also love to type out words no matter how meaningless they are to others. It's my blog and I will post what I want to. ;-)

Anyhow, I got to thinking about that lamp in my bedroom. I've left the price tag on the shade just in case I get buyers remorse. But last night when I went into my bedroom, I loved how nicely the black shade tones down the CFL (it's a 15 watt but I am not sure which standard incandescent bulb it's supposed to emulate). It was given to me in a pack of other CFLs by a friend so it's a bit brighter than those I usually buy (equivalent to a 40 watt incandescent). I am not jazzed how the shade overpowers the lamp base though.

Will painting it really make it look right? I tested it with Photoshop very quickly, and I am not impressed. The drawback to photos and retouching is that photos often don't represent an object as well as the eye can see. I've decided to go ahead and paint it. What do I have to lose? It was going to end up at Goodwill when I moved so it can't look worse than it already does...you never know until you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment