Thursday, August 27, 2009

Well poo

Good ideas sometimes don't work as planned.

I painted the middle (see previous post) one a solid black with Ceramcoat black and it just looks goofy.

I did that one first on purpose first because if I didn't like how it turned out, I can live with that. So, the other two will stay their faux wood for now and oddly enough the color is pretty close to the stain of the nightstand and the wash stand. I did a bit of touch up with the black and brown paint in the places where the faux wood had chipped off. Unless you know where and gave it a close inspection, you can't tell. So, I am kinda bummed because now I have a $2.49 piece of "eeewww".

Screwing in the mirror hanger was super simple so that pleases me. Since they are so lightweight, I will use very small nails to minimize the size of the holes that will need to be filled up when I vacate in the next 3-6 months.

No pictures of the failed paint project since my camera batteries are running very low as I use it a lot.

However, I can't end a post without a picture or two so I give you:

Cat Loaf:


On Alert:


Oh my, I am getting punchy.  Having a nap in the early evening is bad idea no matter how tired one is!

No comments:

Post a Comment