Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Insomnia, yer killin' me

I have issues with insomnia here and there and when it hits, it really messes up my schedule. Granted I don't have a schedule but I do try to live like most other humans and be awake during the day.

This was not a problem for me when I was younger...pulling an all-nighter but these days my brain just doesn't work that way.

Well, I had mentioned here that the other vase needs a makeover too. I still haven't come up with an idea on the final design for the yellow vase but I am not in a hurry to get that one done until I see it really click in my head.

Here are the close up pictures of the other vase and a better picture of it with its shelf mates:







I kind of like it as it is and it certainly has a nice texture to it but it just seems to not have as much oomph as it once did. The other issue is I would have to use what I have on hand with regards to paints. I have a flat black and a satin "espresso" so those would be easy to use and probably only two coats needed without a primer. I also have two metallic acrylic paints, bronze and antique gold (1 - 2 oz bottle each).

Perhaps this is one of those I wait until I have a solid idea because the texture on it makes it a bit funky to visualize what it would look like if I did a dark background with dry brushing a metallic on it. If I were to do it, I would use the bronze because it's more coppery than what I think of when I think of bronze.

Someone mentioned spray painting as a commitment and that is a difficult thing. I tend to agree when it comes to this specific piece as it isn't as outdated as my "Jaws" vase.

Okay. Because it's now 2:50 am I should shelve this idea for now...haha, pun was not intended but makes me giggle it even came to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment