Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My kitchen window is now a dapper fellow

His day look as he heads to the office:


He believes in simplicity for an evening look. And women think they are the only ones that can make a simple day look to an evening look in a manner of steps:


What he really enjoys is that his look was only $2.50!

(doesn't include the curtain rod though - that was $3 - the foam board was on hand and this time I used a combo of tape and hot glue.)

Here's a reminder of the before-before and before...haha!





Links:

Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage

Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous

Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch (Messed up my link over there. The link is correct, the title's all kinds of wrong.)

8 comments:

  1. I love it! And it only cost two fifty? Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Della - Thank you and yep, only $2.50. I found the curtain panels at Ross during the end of their clearance sale in the home department for 99¢!

    I got the black fabric (only a 1/2 yard) from Hobby Lobby at $2.99 a yard. It's a black satin from the fashion fabrics and I used the back side to mimic the slight sheen on the curtain panels.

    I made it 1/2" too wide but unless I tell anyone, they would never know in person. :-)

    Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric you used... it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer - Thanks...got it at Ross as a whole curtain set (attached and such) for an 84" tall window. It was easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Polly, thanks for stopping by and thank you for your kudos. I do stop by your place here on the 'net every so often to see what you are up to. Honored you stopped on in.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I really like the fabric and the tie-backed looked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ann. Curtains with valances/pelmet boxes/cornices are fun projects to do.

    ReplyDelete