Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Valance/Pelmet Box Concept

Napkins that were going to be covering the pillows...that came with the duvet cover...that were going to be returned because I didn't like them on the bed...one of the pillow shams that has no place to be:





Right now I just put them up there to see if I still want to return the napkins (only $5) and actually use the material from the shams to tie it together. Hmmm.

The three don't go together per se but the gold/tan colors are similar, with some creativity Paint Shop Pro gave me this thought (because it's simply easier than drawing in Photoshop):



Wish I could get another curtain panel (they don't have one) or the valance they had (not going to spend the money anyway) so it is more coordinated instead of the napkins but I think I am on to something here. It doesn't have to be perfect, just better and best of all, inexpensive. Right there we are talking $15.50 which includes the cheap curtain rod...not bad.

EDIT:

Perhaps outline the top as well:



Hmmm.

EDIT x2: Check out A Soft Place to Land for DIY Day!. (One of many link-o-ramas that I come across. So much to see. So little time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment